Sad News To Report

Bill Scott

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell one and all my good friend Manny Scoulas long time Military dealer passed away on Friday.I do not know that he was ever a member of the Forum but I know he knew a lot of us and thought everyone should know.Scotty

I did not know him, but I know how hard it is to lose a family member or a good friend. It is always too soon. May he rest in peace, and may his friends & family cherish the good times spent together.

Sad to read this news,I hav3 bought from him some very nice items in the good old days when there was no internet but I had to wait for his printed list to arrive to my address in Italy and generally speaking most of the desiderabile items were already sold when I could read the list.I spoke with him many times by phone to order items.R.I.P.

RIP Manny !! Damn...I was a regular at his shop Militaria and Varia for many, many years and loved visiting with him. He was quite the character and such a good guy. We enjoyed many a Chinese meal at his shop after the old Hillside shows. In the early days of the SOS, we always went out for Korean food too with a handful of fellas. Extremely knowledgeable especially on wings and patches, he will be sorely missed. This is a great loss to the collecting community and even more to a bunch of us old battle axes who had the privilege to have known him. Condolences to his son Andrew who I believe has carried on in his footsteps.

It is truly sad news to hear of Manny's passing. Manny put out mailed lists back in the 70's and 80's and there were many hours spent looking over his lists. I recall saving up lawn mowing money to make purchases from his list. He was extremely knowledgeable and very kind, especially to newer collectors. My condolences to his family.

Allan

Thor I knew him for 40 years the word Character and Manny Scoulas was used in a lot of sentences.The photo shows me in the center, Andrew Manny's son on the left, and Manny on the right.It was taken August 2005 ate OVMS show Fort Mitchell Kentucky.Great memories from all of the OVMS shows.Scotty