H H Imperial question

DKNYC71

I have read in a reference on Navy Wings many years ago that the logo HH Imperial represents a very specific time when the two firms merged, and that for a short period of time during WWII they marked the insignia with both names. Is that true? I have two pairs of officer collar service dress EGAs that I recently acquired with a number of other EGAs, that sport the double logo. Many Thanks again, this is not my area of collecting, hence the numerous questions. - Dave

post-7824-0-48535800-1550327503_thumb.jpg

Yes....about 1942-43...additional sterling marks on service emblems would place these to the right of the dual hallmark timeframe

Brig, much appreciated, when you state additional sterling marks places the EGAs to the right of the dual hallmark time frame", what specifically do you mean?

Mid to late war officer service emblems started being made in Sterling since bronze was placed on the restricted materials list, since it was critical for the war effort. So Sterling marked H&H Imperial pieces would have been out for the latter half or less of the dual Hallmark period, the right side of the timeline