Displaying research material?

I wasn't sure where to put this so apologies in advance....

I have some research material I'd like to secure in a book/folder/binder ect. It's more pages than being able to just grab a presentation folder off the rack. I know you can go the coil binding route at places like Office Depot. I just want to do something a little more special than just stapling the pages....

So with that out of the way, I just wanted to see what others have done to try and organize their research material.

Wanted: Missouri Medals

I am always in search of Missouri Medals and Items. This could be anything from WW1, WW2, Prisoners of War, Ephemera, or anything pertaining to Missourians.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Without a witness, they just disappear.-

donation2020.gif

Be sure they are acid-free, this way it will stay in good condition and will not stick to the plastic.

donation2019.gif

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE ABOUT MISSING SOLDIERS IN THE NETHERLANDS 1940-1945, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION ABOUT MISSINGSOLDIERS. WWW.ARNHEM1944THEMISSINGONES.COM

Hi,

It has been my experience that some places sell "Acid Free" storage/display items and they are very suspect.

There are several companies that the experts use,

of course a little more expensive than the junk, but worth it.

I would recommend:

University Products (universityproducts.com)

Douglas

University Products as well as Gaylord are both good places to start.

Gaylord.com

And as Douglas has stated, the products are pricey because their clients are usually in the museum field..

As a museum curator I only use the products from these companies.

Think about the money you spent on your collection and the items that came with them... You should want to spend an equal amount of money on properly preserving the items as well...

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks for the insight. Just to clarify the documents in question are just research/computer documents....not ephemera or museum pieces.

I think the basic sleeve protector/binder idea (something I didn't initially think about (duh)) will work and will be repeatable enough to keep a uniform look across my different document sets.

Wanted: Missouri Medals

I am always in search of Missouri Medals and Items. This could be anything from WW1, WW2, Prisoners of War, Ephemera, or anything pertaining to Missourians.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Without a witness, they just disappear.-

donation2020.gif