Model of 1941 Johnson Rifle

Orlando

I have always wanted a JSAR but never wanted to pay the price for one. I found this one on another gun forum at what I think was a more than fair price.

These are very interesting rifles, how the barrel is easily removable, the bolt reminds you or the AR15.

414112359.jpg
414112367.jpg
414112346.jpg
414112345.jpg
414112343.jpg

414112344.jpg
414112347.jpg
414112349.jpg
414112350.jpg

Came with a few spare parts
414123140.jpg

I am in need of the "front pin retainer clip" that attaches to the forearm of the rifle that a pin goes through to secure the magazine
I have already asked on the Johnson forum, there was a guy that used to make/sell them but because of health issues no longer does.
Numrich and Sarco does not sell them if fact they were never listed in "parts schematic" as they were part of the forearm.
If you know where I might find one please let me know
Thanks
414130321.jpg

Very, very nice!

I was trying to find a better picture of the pin or entire assembly the missing pin goes into. About how long does the pin need to be, and width of it? Just a ballpark guestimate is ok...

I have the pin, just need the part shown

I think the reason they are hard to find is they are not listed on the parts list as a seprate part. They were considered part of the forearm.

The pin goes through the magazine holding it in place and rotates and the arm on pin goes behind the notch in the part I am looking for

If you need more pics of the above part I can take them

Thanks

414138906.jpg

I got this one for $4000 delivered. I did have to replace front handguard, the original was cracked. I am going to repair it one day and keep it with the rifle. I did a complete tear down ,clean and refinished the wood. She looks a lot better now than in the old pics. I haven't been to the range yet, wont shoot her a lot be will get her out atleast a few times a year

Congratulations! looks like you did well. Next you'll want to find a bayonet for it. Wish I could help you out on the part you need.

Had a Johnson M1941 in the vault and sold it last year for $4,800.......would have kept it if it had been issued to the US Troops, but this one had not been as most were not.

Very interesting design to say the least! Never shot mine.

I have a freind locally who owns an original Johnson Machine Gun......what an awesome piece!

Here are a few photos of the M1941 that I had....

IMG-1603.jpg

IMG-1606.jpg

IMG-1613.jpg

IMG-1549.jpg

IMG-1612.jpg

Nice looking rifles! They are fun and interesting guns. I bought one many years ago (about 1980) for $500, I found a bayonet later and had to pay $50 for it. I'm glad I tend to keep things. Mine had a broken magazine cover spring, Numrich had them for $7.50, I broke the first one trying to install it, so had to pony up another $7.50!

BKW