Unique WW2 GI's Souvenir Capture Paper

MWalsh

I have mentioned this capture paper in a couple other threads. It is very unique, hand done, it was actually from a soldier who was killed in action in December 1944. The souvenirs listed on the paper were actually with the KIA group of his named medals and other items. I can only assume that this paper was sent home with his souvenirs, well before he was killed, thus the family having them.

post-440-0-07663700-1550179082_thumb.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Moderators Note: Click on the photo for viewing and it will rotate to the correct page up orientation. Then use the 'back' arrow to return to this forum topic.

USCapturephotos

Really interesting. I have lots of capture certificates but this I have never seen. Thanks for sharing. Sad that he was KIA.

Paul

Moderators Note: Click on the photo for viewing and it will rotate to the correct page up orientation. Then use the 'back' arrow to return to this forum topic.

Doest work for me but if I copy and save it it rotates correctly.Try to post it and reverts back sideways.Figure its a smart phone or I pad deal.Seems many who use phones for photos seem to have picture rotate when posted