Luftschutz helmet and Ortsgruppe armband

mvmhm

These were a (sort of) "drive-by" donation this morning. The gentleman was in a hurry and couldn't give a lot of details, but said these were sent to him from his uncle, T4 Leslie O. T H A L M A N from Berlin in late 1945. The helmet shows a lot of wear (and there were plenty of them just laying around); the chin strap had dry rotted and only had stubs of it left...the liner pads are white oilcloth. The price decal is more or less intact on the rear rim.

The armband is about mint, although it's missing the RZM tag.

At any rate, the price was right and made for a nice surprise.

Mark sends

post-3423-0-37352100-1550178873_thumb.jpg

Located this for you. I don't have access to this site, though I probably should the amount I've used it of late, so I can only read the auto translation. I see you're in Ohio, so I'm guessing this is your guy.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/392380651/

Family Sends Two Brothers George Thalman Albert Thalman
Oct 13th, 1945
Pvt. Leslie O. Thalman, 26, was having his usual Army breakfast "chow" in a mess hall somewhere in Germany when in walked his brother, George, technician third class. Private Thalman had been overseas for 11 months. His brother had finally managed to locate him and arrange a visit. George, whose wife, Martha, and daughter,Julienne, live at Central City, Ky., was wounded in Germany in April while serving with a medical battalion. Private Thalman's wife, Mary Etta, resides at 2841 White Oak drive.
Stationed On Guam Another brother, Sgt. Rufus F. Thalman, 29, is on Guam with occupational forces. He has been overseas for two years. His wife, Caroline, is living at 430 Schantz avenue. The fourth brother, Corp. Albert (cuts off)
Leslie Thalman, Rufus Thalman, F. Thalman, has been overseas for almost two years and is believed to be on his way home. He has been stationed at an air service command depot in the European theater. His wife, Emma, lives at 34 South Garland avenue. They are the sons of Joseph A. Thalman and the late Mrs. Anna Mae Thalman of R. R. 3, Dayton.