AECO Flight Surgeon

The Rooster

Back ..............Its the most expensive wing I've ever bought! 222.00 w shipping! God help me!

Im sure some of you folks have wings that make that 222 look like chump change! lol...

But for me this is a biggy!.

Only Flight Surgeon I have and I think its rather rare?? Being Gold and not silver?

I need some education on this.

Wings!! Wings !! Wings!!!

post-181333-0-69464200-1550084746_thumb.jpg

I understand!

I started last April with 1 very over priced ww2 Navy Vanguard Pilot. I sadly paid 125 for it. Later on and to this day.. I find them for 30 - 50.

I've collected other things.... But this wing thing is something else.

1 wing last April has turned into a little over 50 wings. I started out with Nay Pilot wings..

Now I have those puls Air Corps plus Navy Bullion wings... Well...... lol.

Yes try to run!!!

:lol:

Hey Rooster, your wing is on the way. I have about a hundred wings of various sizes and makes that I am getting rid of as well as thousands of DI's, Medals, Uniforms etc.... Time to change the hobby into a home renovation. : )

Hey Rooster, your wing is on the way. I have about a hundred wings of various sizes and makes that I am getting rid of as well as thousands of DI's, Medals, Uniforms etc.... Time to change the hobby into a home renovation. : )

Wow cool! That was your wing?

Wow cool! That was your wing?

Yes sir, just started selling of my inventory. I am trying to add a few things on the auction every other day or so. A little at a time you know.

Mark D

Its the social stigma that is hard to live with... when you stop older men and ask "Hey, were you in the Air Corps in WWII...got any wings you wanna sell?". Or when you call your cousin because you saw on her Face Book page that her husband's best friends uncle was in Europe flying B-24's to see what happened to his uniforms.

Then, when you have company over and you can't stop talking about the significance of that wing you found in a thrift store along Route 7 and how they didn't know that this was a type 3 Balfour version 2 in pin back, but with the rare silver frosting finish that was only available in five and dime stores west of the Rio Grande and frequently shows up in groups of pilots from Arizona.... Oh by the way wanna see my collection of collar insignia while I'm pulling out Riker mounts?"

The best thing to do is wrap your head in tin foil and stop listening to the CIA transmission that are telling you.... "I only NEED one more AECO glider pilot to complete the set".

lol lol LMAO!!!!

I have not been at this but 10 months...

1 lousy over priced Navy Vanguard turned into 50 wings...

Well now!!! I've grown accustomed to the long pauses on the phone when I talk about wings.

The quizzikle looks from family and friends. The rolled eyes as I announce the new wing that arrived on any given day.

The look of grudging willingess on family and friends as I show my new wing...

My Youngest Daughter gave me a T shirt with a big Air corps wing on it for my birthday!!!

Better than a tie!

I collected coins for a while....

Various antiques... Edged weapons and Firearms.... But they all pale to collecting wings!

If my old Lady hadnt left 14 years ago.... this would have been the kicker!

As a matter of fact..... I should have started collecting wings about 20 years ago and spared

my self the 6 extra years of misery!!!

Rooster!

The wing flew in this morning. Its a heavy wing. Over 48 grams.

Who ever wore it knew it was there I am sure!

Its the heaviest I have.

Of course not as rich golden as in the pictures.....

being brass...

But a solid AE Co. WW2 Flight Surgeon!

My first!!

• 2 weeks later...