A Quick Hello from a new member

Skysoldier80

Hello

Obviously I am new to the forum, but not new to collecting. I have been collecting since 2005. My interest in US military items stems from my Grandfather and Great uncles from WWII. I have been lucky enough to be passed down everything from all WWII relatives.

My primary interest with regards to WWII units are with VMB 443 (Grandpa); 82nd ABN (GU Pete); 100th ID; 456th AAA BN (GU Paul); Amphibious support USCG (GU Mac); 47th IN RGT, 9th ID (great friend Jack C.). My primary units of interest for WWI are 82nd ID and 4th ID.

Additionally, I am very interested and collect all items from the American Civil War that deal with Missouri Guerrillas (although I have only one item from this time, however, I do read a lot about them).

I am mainly a cloth guy and some nice uniforms that were passed down to me from all eras. I have also gotten into patches recently due tot he friends that I hang around with. I don't know everything, but I have a pretty decent baseline knowledge- always interested in learning which is why I joined.

Look forward to this great community on this forum that I have heard about.

v/r

SkySoldier80

Backtheattack

Hello and welcome! Preserving items from the own family and family history is a great thing in a time so much is forgotten.

Skysoldier80

Yes I have a connection to the 100th IN Div. My great uncle was a member of Co. G, 398th IN Reg. He was one of 53 members of his company who survived completely envelopment by the 17th WSS Pz.Gren. Div (GvB).