Remake of Catch-22 release in May 2019

douglas

So,

A decision was made to remake the classic Catch 22, with George Clooney, to be released

sometime in May 2019 on HULU. I think around May 17th.

There is a short trailer that has been released on Youtube "Catch-22 Teaser (Official)".

It will be interesting to see what the remake will be. Many of the squadron members never

liked the original.

But, those in charge did make contact with the members to ask questions and get

advice, so that was good.

The wing/squadron conference and dinner will be this September, so I know I will

get plenty of opinions on the remake.

I don't have HULU, so anyone seeing it, post your opinions !!!!

Douglas

For anyone that is interested, I believe you can get a free trial of Hulu (1 month I think) if you never had it before......be a good time to try it out :-)

I have hulu and I'll definitely have to watch it. I just saw the trailer on the book of faces and there was a pretty cool clip of B-25's cruising

One of the guys just sent me a screen shot from the movie.

The squadron is the 486th, (of the 340th bomb group, 57th bomb wing).

The squadrons of the 340th painted the last number of the squadron and

a letter to designate each aircraft, ie, 6A on the tail.

6A was a real B-25 flying missions from Corsica bombing targets in Italy,

mostly at the Brenner Pass. Correct nose art would be the

Sahara Sue II.

If I can remember, there were about 700+ German flak guns in that narrow

pass, a tremendous amount of flak to fly through.

Douglas

post-151271-0-76954900-1550322197_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
CNY Militaria

I’m two episodes in and really like it. Kudos to the costumer or collector advising the show as the uniforms and insignia are really good compared to most we see these days. They even used pinback rank insignia for the officers.

There were one issue I had where they seemed to constantly change rank and call themselves Lieutenant when they are wearing Sergeant stripes on their sleeve. Was this something the Army Air Corp did or a mistake? Not that up on the air corp. Other than that I thought it was pretty good. Definitely not a PG show.

BILL THE PATCH

I'm in to 4 episodes, I think it's pretty good. I saw the original at a very young age, I didn't remember it or understand it at that age. So it's all new to me, very dark humor

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Well I've watched 2 episodes and to me, other than the name, it's a different movie not a remake. Heller the author, a bombardier in the the 340th BG wrote about many of the quirky situations he saw as a citizen soldier. This theme continues. The visuals are excellent. A couple of small things caught my eye. As Aviation Cadets the AC patch was worn on the lower right sleeve not the left shoulder as in the film. Also it appears that the nose guns on the B-25s are sticks with no receiver. The aircraft otherwise look pretty good. Looks like they had 3 flying B-25s rather than 16 in the original movie. Uniforms & equipment look good though there is clearly an absence of wing badges. A good war-based movie that I will continue to enjoy watching. My 2-cents! Bobgee

• 2 weeks later...
Bob Hudson

I was prepared to not like it (consider Pearl Harbor 2001 with Matt Damon).

But i stayed up until 2 in the morning binge-watching all episodes including the short piece on how they ferried 2 B-25's from the US to Sardinia, where it was filmed.

I never read the book and saw the original film so many years that I forget if I liked it or not, but I enjoyed this version.

One of the very last scenes clearly shows a guy with sgt. stripes. introducing himself as "Lieutenant..."

Hello Newman...

newman.jpg

Bob Hudson

Looks like they had 3 flying B-25s rather than 16 in the original movie.

They ferried two B-25's from the US to Sardinia.

Waiting to get the 30 day free trial of Hulu.........Pretty excited about it, as soon as school lets out and I can have time to watch it and make the most out of the free trial.

About a year ago I was in Chino at Planes of Fame,...one of their B-25s had just returned from filming and was still wearing the paint.

post-89245-0-43962100-1559261015_thumb.jpg

post-89245-0-15563300-1559261031_thumb.jpg

The dark humor of the book fell flat for me personally in this production.

Stilted and robotic.

It looks great though.

War is not fun.........only mans unique take on it can be.

owen

WWII Parachutist

Overall I thought it was pretty good, rather entertaining. They did quite well on much of the flight gear too - Nearly all the parachutes were either original or quality reproductions. The bailout seen was fantastic - it is the best CGI of a parachute deployment I have seen and extremely accurate. A few little gaffes, like the wrong chest pack and risers on his parachute, but overall very well done.

It's worth a watch!

yea, sometimes you just hesitate to watch a remake, most are bad, but sounds like this one did the original some justice, guess it is time to watch some hulu

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...