M62 practice grenade?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could confirm weather this was a real practice grenade or not. I beleive it is an M62 because it takes a M228 fuse however I am a little skeptical because it seems rougher in finish then the M30's I have seen on this site and most of the ones that I have seen on the site have been the M30 without the jungle clip. It came in a lot with a real M21 and M69 (Both are real although they have slight issues such as the M69 being repainted and oddly having charecteristics of both the early and late models) so I had assumed that this one was also real until I received it and saw the finish. Thank you in advance for your opinion.

post-193671-0-17579700-1549994371.png

post-193671-0-69758300-1549994386.png

donation2019.gif

I need to examine mine. At first look, the RFX M12 marking is NOT seen on the cheap Chinese castings that have flooded the surplus stores. However, your base hole is not chamfered and rough, not round. Original ones were chamfered to fit a plastic plug pressed in when reloaded with the black powder charge. Originals also had smooth finishes. Before offering an opinion, I will examine the ones I have. As of now, I would agree with your assessment- an inferior copy.

Thank you for the replies guys, and for the pictures those are some nice pieces. Last night I noticed that there was some blue paint on the grenade, although after comparing it to your examples I think it might still be fake and it somehow knocked up against one of the other grenades and had some paint rub off on it. I was hopeing that it was real because that would be one less type to find but at least since it is a pretty good fake I can still display it until I find a real one. I noticed that there were a lot of different models of practice lemon grenades with all sorts of finishes from smooth to rather rough like mine, is the hole in the bottom the only way to tell if they are original? I ask because previously I had assumed that no fakes had RFX markings but clearly that can not be relied upon anymore.

post-193671-0-81414400-1550072187.png

post-193671-0-66553100-1550072524.png

donation2019.gif