Captain helmet opinions

ClaptonIsGod

Another recent acquisition, McCord FS/SB lot 741A with what I'm guessing is probably a Korea or Vietnam repaint. Going off the heat stamp graph, and taking it with the necessary pounds of salt, should roughly be November or December 1943. Has Vietnam-era clip-on chinstraps. Also has captain's bars on the front, and a very small leadership stripe on the back. The bars look decent to me, and it wasn't advertised with any reference to them (and was generally an underdescribed listing) so I don't think deception was the seller's goal, but would love to get opinions. Are the markings original, and if so, when might they be from? They look decent to me, but I'm far from an expert on markings. Seller's photos, don't have it in hand yet. Hoping this goes a little better than my recent monstrosity of an NCO stripe, but either way I have a nice shell for short money. Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Just arrived, and I have to say, it feels good. Weirdly the straps won't reach around the back, and they're fully extended. On the front bars, there are small spots around them where you can see the original OD paint, so guessing the captain taped it off and had a little paint loss when he removed the masking. Chinstraps are OD hardware, no markings on the buckle. Pics later, thanks for not bidding against me and guess I'll get a 1950s OD7 liner with leather chinstrap to finish it off.

Looks really new to me.

Just my humble opinion.

Hope I am wrong.

I know white tends to show up bright in photos due to the flash.

I was holding a flashlight about five inches from it in those shots and was trying to get a close-up for detail, the seller's photos in my original post are closer to what it looks like but they're definitely yellowed, scuffed up, etc. I think if this was a fake, they would've gone in a lot more on the rear stripe.

Pretty common for chinstraps not to reach around the back. I have multiple helmets with this. Chinstraps weren't made to reach around the back, just to fit under the chin.

Hunt

Got some better shots, I think these show the age better. Note the yellowing, micro-flaking over cork, and the original OD paint at the edges:

caYEiyb.jpg

dlxisdK.jpg

hi i'am looking for a vietnam era m1 with history, named or marked. can you let me know any good reliable sources . many thanks p

You need to post a proper wanted ad in the wanted section of the forum.