Info or items named to Nugent

JesseJames

My grandfather and his brother( James M Nugent and Jack(or John) Nugent ) served in the WW2 theaters. James was the younger brother who entered when he was 16(1943), and wanted to be a marine. Jack served in the Army and saw action in Europe, but he died young(post war) and never had children. I'll never be able to formally request his records or medals through NARA, but would settle for any information about him. I need to find his birthday and social which shouldn't be too hard. I think he was born 1922-1924 in PA or NJ.

My grandfather was part of the 2nd Marine aircraft wing and was assigned to the 12th squadron in san diego. I haven't seen any of the muster rolls for time spent overseas, just his enlistment(parris island)-just before his deployment(west coast). His MOS was 514 and he operated the same type of radar systems that detected the japanese planes off pearl harbor. His unit was responsible for shooting down hundreds of japanese planes at Okinawa. He was a great guy and I miss him everyday. His info- James Milford Nugent BD:5-9-26 550142 11/23/43-6/17/46 sergeant

Safe to say I would pay BIG $$$$ for any items with their names. If by some miracle, I could track down their service weapons, I would pay a small fortune.

Not sure why you couldn’t formally request your grandfather’s NARA service records.

You are a direct lineal descendant - they will also reissue his medals to you, engraved.

This used to be at no cost, but I believe there is a nominal fee now.

Not sure why you couldnt formally request your grandfathers NARA service records.

You are a direct lineal descendant - they will also reissue his medals to you, engraved.

Not a direct lineal descendant of the great uncle but you will be able to obtain whatever records NARA has if he died before 1954.

Not sure why you couldn’t formally request your grandfather’s NARA service records.

Working on it, I'm not eligible as the eldest grandchild but would be had he been in the army and not the marine corps. I spend about half the week with grandma though, so she'll be signing for them :)

Not a direct lineal descendant of the great uncle but you will be able to obtain whatever records NARA has if he died before 1954.

He died just after I believe