Good Morning Gentleman and Ladies

PBRrunner

Glad I found this site, I was Navy Brown Water, Did 2 tours in the Delta during TET , I was station in Siagon/Danang/ Hue/ and most of the Delta , I was assigned to the 3rd Marine 2nd as a PBR driver for some of the 3rd that were going up river and Larrp Teams and Seals and places that we were never in:) and was a Boatswains Mate E5 , Had 2 hits 1 the first over and then 1 the second over. One thru the right side Hip out the left side of Hip, Then the second got it in the back with shrap , They told me I couldn't stay over there or go back so I got out and went into the Government, And I am retired from them, Work USFS and then into Customs and then back to US Forest Service, Smoke Jumper/Firefighter/Assistant FMO for they realized my age group , Put in 34 years with the Gov.

I was Rotated on different Boats when someone either got killed or shot, I trained new Crews that were new to country, Still keep in touch with most of us left out there, But we are getting fewer and fewer , I feel like the WW II and Korean Vets do now, There is a death of a Veteran everyday in my Generation and I am a Member of the VFW also which I stopped doing Funerals ,. But I still put Flags on the Grave sites every Year in my Local area,

To all My Brown Water Crews Welcome Home. Hope there is some here in this Group.

Salvage Sailor

Aloha PBRrunner,

You'll find many USN vets here and there are quite a few members who have many Brown Water Navy items posted from their collections.

Lots of eye candy on the Navy boards and elsewhere

Welcome Aboard

Welcome PBR runner, Thanks, for your service. I done some traning with the navy back in 1990. They still had so of the PBR left. I got to go out on one of the PBR. We had our huey there to help support the navy. Our VFW are losing folks too.