Philippines legion of honor-chief commander

4STARCHRIS

I still have been unable to find general Maxwell Taylor collection of his awards and decorations

4starchris

This is a late ribbon group of Maxwell Taylor I found on the Internet a while back.

post-104867-0-88826300-1552766614.jpg

The Philippine one is there.

Regards

Herman

I still have been unable to find general Maxwell Taylor collection of his awards and decorations

4starchris

Taylor's medals (to include the foreign awards) are on display at the National Defense University Library, Special Collections Branch, Fort McNair, Washington, DC. McNair's medals used to be on display in the Fort McNair Officers Club, now closed except for special events.

Thank you for the information. 3mxd have you ever seen the collection at the library?

Again, thanks for your help.

4starchris

Thank you for the information. 3mxd have you ever seen the collection at the library?

Again, thanks for your help.

4starchris

Yes, about three years ago. They're contained in a large glass display case, each medal is loose. The NDU library has a number of other GOs' medals and ephemera but Taylor's is by far the largest and most impressive.

Finally after the help of a young 2LT named Joshua Gillium, I was able to see the Philippines Legion of Honor, Chief Commander awarded to the general in 1955. It is the same medal that was awarded to GOA Douglas MacArthur as seen below. So this is conclusive. The awarded awarded to GOA Eisenhauer though mentioned as a Legion of Honor, Chief Commander, is what it is, it was a Society Medal and not an offical Philippine government medal as described in there scrolls.

Gen Maxwell Taylor medal is located at the National Defense University Library, Special collection Branch as previously mention in this thread. I just happened to have 2LT Gillium stationed there and was able to photograph and confirm this medal. Mystery solved.

Plus we were able to see for the first time the GOA Eisenhower medal like we never had.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

4starchris

post-387-0-67644000-1553557638.jpg

Great detective work.

Could not have done it without my boots on the ground 2LT Joshua Gillium who was able to take the "pic".

4starchris

• 2 weeks later...

Although I cannot find any documentation. General Ridgeway has a Philippines legion of honor, chief commander mini medal

4starchris

post-387-0-74863200-1554609793.jpg

Although I cannot find any documentation. General Ridgeway has a Philippines legion of honor, chief commander mini medal

4starchris

Interesting. Especially because Ridgeway served almost the whole of WW2 in the European Theather of Operations.

Regards

Herman

Interesting. Especially because Ridgeway served almost the whole of WW2 in the European Theather of Operations.

Regards

Herman

Now that I think of it, so did Maxwell Taylor. So, maybe a Korean War connection?