Pre-WW2 USN Warrant Officer cap badge?

Flightpath

Hi,

can you please give your opinions on this cap badge, the only WW2 WO cap badges that I have seen are hollow back, stamped cable and marked with the maker's name, this is solid, soldered wire no maker's name....... so what era do you think?

cheers, John

post-105780-0-84077100-1549557297_thumb.jpg

I like it! I have a matching officer's hat device with the solid back and separately applied lines. Really cool...definitely WW2 time period.

Hi,

most say that a CPO cap badge with applied wire would be WW1 or at least pre-WW2, I was thinking along those lines with this badge and thought 1920s/30s?

Hi,

most say that a CPO cap badge with applied wire would be WW1 or at least pre-WW2, I was thinking along those lines with this badge and thought 1920s/30s?

I have a few left facing (post-1941) officers hat devices with separately applied line. I would LOVE to own a pre-1941 device with separately applied line, but alas...I've not found one.

Your WO device could be pre-WW2, but there's nothing that I can discern on it that would indicate it dating from the 20s vice from the 40s.

Dave

Hi Dave,

here's a lovely pre-1941 officer's badge with solid anchors and applied wire/rope very simular to the WO cap badge, it's post #34 by harrier9601....

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62840-pre-1941-left-facing-usn-officers-hat-devices/page-2

I'd say that the WO badge could at least be called pre-WW2 to early WW2.

• 2 months later...

I like it! I have a matching officer's hat device with the solid back and separately applied lines. Really cool...definitely WW2 time period.

Het Dave,

the bange arrived a White back.... it look like its a WW2 badge,at least no older, so like you said... WW2 era.

Cheers, John

That's great, John!

I had taken this photo a while back and forgotten to post it. This is the reverse of the device in my collection I was talking about...it's a beautiful piece.

IMG_6656.jpg