WW2 6th armoured “super sixth” MTO/PTO camo Helmet - bullet struck

ArchangelDM

Here are some new photos shot outside,

The natural light lets all the detailed knocks, cracks and paint really show well.

- Dean

post-8861-0-29973100-1549728710_thumb.jpeg

Based on size of entry hole it may have been shrapnel rather than a small caliber bullet.

Could be gap, there is also black around the exit and entry (gun powder?). Could it have been a bigger round that hit it, or a small round that has mishapen the entry hole due to it be fired from above at an angle (pushing the metal out a little further)

I have not studied ballistics in detail due to guns not being illegal here so its great to learn more

- Dean

Dean,

No doubt in my mind it was a bullet that had a slight tumble upon exiting. He was in a low defensive position(low ground)which is not a good place to be.

Incredible helmet!!!!! You will be a good caretaker of a great piece.

Marty

Dean,

No doubt in my mind it was a bullet that had a slight tumble upon exiting. He was in a low defensive position(low ground)which is not a good place to be.

Incredible helmet!!!!! You will be a good caretaker of a great piece.

Marty

Thank you my friend for the info Marty and as always for the kind positive words.

I will be keeping it safe

Yours

Dean

Interesting helmet as I have never seen that version of camouflage utilized in the ETO. But, I am no expert! Also, my take on the name is also "Hagood" - no first initial just the last name, IMHO. Good luck and thanks for posting!

Best regards,

Bill K.

Interesting helmet as I have never seen that version of camouflage utilized in the ETO. But, I am no expert! Also, my take on the name is also "Hagood" - no first initial just the last name, IMHO. Good luck and thanks for posting!

Best regards,

Bill K.

Thanks Bill

The camo scheme would of most probably been used in the MTO or PTO based on colour. The Sixth where in Italy and the pacific theatre.

Thanks a lot of people are seeing Hagood

- Dean

Dean, for what it's worth, the last name followed by two initials is more of a USN/USMC naming/identifying convention. It's actually pretty uncommon to see an Army item marked that way.

Dean, for what it's worth, the last name followed by two initials is more of a USN/USMC naming/identifying convention. It's actually pretty uncommon to see an Army item marked that way.

Agree with you Austin

Interesting point

Yours

Dean

Its artistic

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant pass opinion on his level of artistic ability but I like his style

Thanks O

For what it's worth, FANTASTIC helmet, Well Done!!! This helmet paint style and pattern remind me of a helmet I own, sourced from Al Barrows. I posted it in this link, long ago: (That I can't seem to paste into this dialog).

Here's the title: M1 Vesicant PTO Helmet

Not to detract from your, here is mine:

post-6293-0-22631800-1550248980_thumb.jpg