WW2 6th armoured “super sixth” MTO/PTO camo Helmet - bullet struck

ArchangelDM

Think its time to invest in every blacklight-infared-nightvision-mass spectrometer technology available to figure out that name. Hagen?

Im working on it AustinO !! Believe me, I really want the history on this one.

Also got a partial ASN its inscribed lightly inside.

- Dean

First part of ASN? Last part? Middle? Tying it to a region, or a partial laundry number, greatly improves your odds. Happy to help poke around as well.

First part of ASN? Last part? Middle? Tying it to a region, or a partial laundry number, greatly improves your odds. Happy to help poke around as well.

Thats very kind - and greatly appreciate AustinO

I can send you some shots in the morning,

- Dean

RememberThe5thESB

I think this is gonna be one of the most amazing helmets I'll ever see. Even without a background it's amazing, and with it I'd go as far as saying museum worthy. Makes your jaw drop.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Dean,

This helmet and the Vietnam damaged helmet are my favorites. This helmet is incredible, I wish I could think of a stronger word to describe it. We have all seen great and stunning helmets but this one I could look at and study for hours and not get bored.

BRAVO Dean.

Marty

I think this is gonna be one of the most amazing helmets I'll ever see. Even without a background it's amazing, and with it I'd go as far as saying museum worthy. Makes your jaw drop.Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

As I said before Dean, STUNNING! That is one amazing helmet.

Russ

that is one gorgeous helmet. it has everything to it

Dean,

This helmet and the Vietnam damaged helmet are my favorites. This helmet is incredible, I wish I could think of a stronger word to describe it. We have all seen great and stunning helmets but this one I could look at and study for hours and not get bored.

BRAVO Dean.

Marty

Thank you all very much Gentlemen,

I will work with members here to try and unlock the name On the sweatband. All your comments and opinions are appreciated

- Dean

Dean,

As has already been said stunning set, and good luck with tracing the name.

Rich

Thanks Rich and thanks for reading the thread

- Dean

Dean,

What I have always done to see faded names and SN is to use an old camcorders night vision mode. If you have one around, it works wonders

Great photos; look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Casualty records for the 6th should help narrow down the research! That is one heck of a bullet strike...or near miss!

Top shelf mate.

Great photos; look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Casualty records for the 6th should help narrow down the research! That is one heck of a bullet strike...or near miss!

Top shelf mate.

Thankyou G - one serious headache and also one life changing moment. I can imagine him sending this back home, like the Vietnam helmet I have and it being a symbol of his luck during those very difficult days at war.

Dean,

What I have always done to see faded names and SN is to use an old camcorders night vision mode. If you have one around, it works wonders

Thanks Russ

Ill be doing that this weekend, with any luck we can get that history

Thats a stunning and special helmet! I hope youll be able to discover more of its history!

Frank

Incredible helmet! I don't think I have ever seen anything like this! Thanks for sharing!

Hunt

Thankyou Gentleman -

Im humbled by all the positive comments on the helmet.

What are the chances, most of the time when a round hits center of the helmet it goes straight through.

Absolute luck and the sweatband clip, the shot was fired from above so the bullet was travelling in a downward diagonal motion right

Just to clarify not a straight bullet to the centre

- Dean