U.S. NAVY SEWING KIT - COCA-COLA BOTTLING CO

firefighter

Nice little pocket sewing kit. Not sure if the cloth is original, only thing in the pouch.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think that is cloth. That is an old (but common back then) way of packaging thread. You'd pull a thread out of that woven bit, and the rest would be kept neat. Now, I don't know about the USN, but in other sewing things, that is a way to send thread.

Cool item!

I don't think that is cloth. That is an old (but common back then) way of packaging thread. You'd pull a thread out of that woven bit, and the rest would be kept neat. Now, I don't know about the USN, but in other sewing things, that is a way to send thread.

Cool item!

New info to me about the thread. Another interesting little fact to stick in back of my brain. Never know when it will come in handy. That's why I click on almost any topic around here, if it is of direct interest or not. Thanks!

Mikie

Cool item!

Thank you. I appreciate the information. That would make sense, blue & white thread. I dont usually pick up sewing kits but the Coca-Cola connection was pretty cool

Cool item!

I agree, I have seen several WWII USN groups with this type of sewing kit and the same type of thread packing. Takes up less space than a spool, and probably was cheaper for the manufacturer to pack it that way too. Really neat to see though.

I don't think I have seen a Coca-Cola one before, so that is cool too.

Sorry, I forgot to give compliments to Firefighter. Neat kit. I too like the Coca-Cola connection. Another thing to keep a lookout for! Thanks!

Mikie

Also . . . a spool can unwind easily and tangle. With the woven method, it is precut and doesn't tangle!