5 Web Belt Sets/Need help

RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB

So, in the coming weeks I will be putting on a display for my classmates in my AP class and normal classes for WW2. When it comes to my field gear I have a lot of mismatched things that I'm not sure how to display the best, or combinations of field gear. Generally I am going to try and display US Army sets but if I have enough extra at all to put something that at least resembles USMC I will. So I come here today asking for help on how to set up this web gear, any and all opinions and thoughts are certainly welcome. Thanks!

First up is a 42 cartridge belt, WW1 canteen set, 41 Canteen cover, 42 Carlisle pouch. This will be going with my complete early US Army uniform, most of all the other belts will be standalone with no uniform.

Next up is my late war set, belt is unknown date, canteen set and cover are all 45, Carlisle pouch is 44.

Now for the first pistol belt, unknown date, 42 1911 magazine pouch, 44 British made Carlisle pouch, unknown canteen cover, canteen set 43 and 45.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

RememberThe5thESB

Cont...

Unknown dated belt with WW1 1911 mag pouch, 44/45 jungle first aid kit, 43 Carlisle pouch, 43 canteen cover, canteen set is 43 and 45.

Last one is a 42 dated canteen cover, 43 and 45 set, unknown Carlisle pouch, 52 carbine pouch (similar enough to the WW2, just to show an example of one.)

Lastly are the remaining web bits I have (all WW1), if anyone could tell me where to put these or if I should leave them off would be nice. Thanks!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

If you have any M1936 suspender sets you'll wanna throw those on with the OD3 stuff. Except for the USMC set you'll need M1941 suspenders for those. And for late war I believe either OD7 M1936 suspenders if those are a thing or M1944 suspenders. If your OD7 cartridge belt doesn't have clip retention straps it is KW era. The brass hardware makes me think it is Korean War without even seeing the presence or lack thereof of retention straps.

milsurp_scout_14

My initial thoughts would be to move the Jungle 1st aid kit to your late war cartridge belt setup. Also, rig up one of those khaki early war pistol belts with as much WW1 webbing as you can, just to give a sense of what kind of a mix a soldier in 1942 might have had.

RememberThe5thESB

For the pistol belts would the 1 brass hook and 1 steel or non brass hook be early war or would both steel buckles be early war?

milsurp_scout_14

If I recall correctly, brass fittings were used on earlier war belts, then steel on mid-late war. Not sure exactly when the changeover was.

• 2 weeks later...
RememberThe5thESB

Alright, so for the average rifleman who was in the war early on. Would the Webgear consist of WW1 and 2 mixed pieces?

RememberThe5thESB

Also how common/uncommon would it be for any army guys would it be to carry 2 canteens? I only ask as I know it to be more of a marine related thing.