Question about Constabulary helmets --- Are they painted liners?

stratasfan

I think that this helmet is just the coolest looking thing.

post-151812-0-75737600-1549125885.jpg

I was doing some searching on the forum, and I am led to believe that the constabulary painting is only done on the liner? Is that the case?

I got a liner recently and was wondering if I could repaint this to look like a Constabulary helmet for display:

post-151812-0-47509200-1549125937_thumb.jpg

post-151812-0-41350200-1549125942_thumb.jpg

Don't know what the emblems mean on this one, but is this something you can repaint? Also, would this be the thing that would be painted originally to have the stripes and "C"?

Thanks for any help!

Elizabeth

Please DONT repaint a perfectly good 167th infantry regiment marked liner!

If you want to recreate a Constabulary liner, find a beat up liner without insignia. PM me if you want to arrange an exchange.

I'd echo GAP's comment. Don't mess with a good one. The Constabulary indeed painted WWII-era liners with the yellow/blue stripes and circle C insignia. It was not applied to metal shells. There are usually a couple halfway decent reproduction painted ones on the auction site we all know if you're looking for one.

Ditto to the other posters already please don't mess with a perfectly good liner! I will also arrange to purchase it if you are looking to get something else! I wouldn't want a really nice liner to be painted over!

Hunt

Thanks, Guys! I am not wanting to cause apoplexy among the helmet collectors! -grin- I just got this liner with an M1 helmet on a trade. I thought it might be cool to paint the liner and have two-for-one, if you know what I mean!

I am not looking to purchase another one, as helmets and liners aren't something that fit into my budget. However, I'd rather have a Constabulary liner than 167th Infantry (unless I don't know of something cool about teh 167th that would make me want one of these!) I don't know when this liner is from. I really don't know anything about helmets! :) Just that I like those Constabulary liners!

Now . . . whatever liner I used . . . what kind of paint do you use to paint one of these things?