29th Red and Blue patch?

36thIDAlex

Saw this in a local antique store listed at $18. I was wondering if this was a good price and even legit in any way as I had heard of weird 29th variants before. Thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ww2guymandude

It’s not 29th ID, I think it has something to do with like an early Korea Military Advisor Group or something along those lines. It’s definitely theatre made and from what I’ve seen, $18 is a good deal.

Definitely unique and a great theater made patch. I dont believe it's related to the 29th division though, but is from the Korean War. It's the same symbol South Korea currently has on their flag and I'm pretty sure US Forces used it as an insignia during the war. I just cant recall what unit it represented.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any photographic evidence of this being the 28th regiment? I understand the two IDs for either Korea or WWI but I was wondering if anyone knows which one this patch actually is.

This entire thead is synonymous with the fable of the blind men describing an elephant.

The patch that initiated this thread is a KW era, TM KMAG patch. It has nothing to do with the 29th ID or any ROTC unit. WW I patches and KW TM patches really were made quite differently from each other.

For "evidence" or "documentation" of the WW 1 28th Infantry Regt, 1st Division, ASMIC members can read either the Oct-Dec 1998 or Apr-Jun 2018 Trading Posts. Non-ASMIC members can buy them as back issues.

WorldWarPatches

:D thead

This entire thead is synonymous with the fable of the blind men describing an elephant.

The patch that initiated this thread is a KW era, TM KMAG patch. It has nothing to do with the 29th ID or any ROTC unit. WW I patches and KW TM patches really were made quite differently from each other.

For "evidence" or "documentation" of the WW 1 28th Infantry Regt, 1st Division, ASMIC members can read either the Oct-Dec 1998 or Apr-Jun 2018 Trading Posts. Non-ASMIC members can buy them as back issues.