what era ? Platoon Sgt / SFC sleeve insignia

BOLO

did the Army ever use this color / type of Sgt First Class insignia during the Korean war? or is this post Korea early Vietnam?

on combat uniforms like HBT's and early OG cotton sateen utilities

IIRC, those type came out around '55-56 time frame

Thanks, thats what I thought too thumbsup.gif

these would date from around the late 50's into the mid 1960's era

El Bibliotecario

These chevrons were adapted in 1955, (see source below) but never went out of use. The idea behind their green background was that they would match the OG107 green service uniform planned for adaption in 1957. As stated by previous posters they were replaced on field and utility uniforms by subdued and later, pin-on chevrons in the 60s, but are still used on the service green uniform--which despite its pending replacement I believe is still authorized.

p. 198, CHEVRONS

LTC Wm K Emerson'

Smithsonian Institution Press, 1983

• 3 weeks later...
VolunteerArmoury
These chevrons were adapted in 1955, (see source below) but never went out of use. The idea behind their green background was that they would match the OG107 green service uniform planned for adaption in 1957. As stated by previous posters they were replaced on field and utility uniforms by subdued and later, pin-on chevrons in the 60s, but are still used on the service green uniform--which despite its pending replacement I believe is still authorized.

p. 198, CHEVRONS

LTC Wm K Emerson'

Smithsonian Institution Press, 1983

Still authorized until sometime 2014.