USMC 1890's-style Chevrons on Female SNCO uniform?

MrStiv

Back with another question, this time regarding 1890's-style chevrons worn by Marine Corps SNCOs on the SNCO Evening Dress jacket. The problem I'm running into is this: it sure seems like the latest edition of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations (MCO 1020.34H, dated 01 May 2018) flat out contradicts itself.

On page 1-54 (3016.2) we read this about the SNCO Evening Dress jacket:

( b ) Males: Distinctive 1890's style gold on scarlet insignia of grade will be worn on the jacket sleeves, which will be pressed flat.

( c ) Females: Standard gold on scarlet insignia of grade as prescribed for the blue dress uniform will be worn on the jacket sleeves.

Page 1-88, (4004.2.f) however, tells us a different story:

Distinctive 1890's style gold on scarlet insignia, as depicted in figure 4-8, will be worn on the SNCOs evening dress jacket, placed 3 inches below the shoulder seam. A reduced version (70 percent of original size) of this insignia will be worn on female SNCO evening dress jackets, three inches below the shoulder seam.

So...which is it? Inquiring minds really do want to know! :)

• 1 year later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

Following back up on this, I did email the USMC uniform board to let them know the mistake.  Will update if I hear back from them.