Unusual papered GI bring back!

I found this unusual GI bring back and just received it today. Its a handmade Belgian 44-40 revolver brought back by GI Daniel R. Ely serial number 35932174. So far not much info showing up on the web. Enjoy my latest acquisition! Bought it from Matt of Axis Arms. I wish he had more papered bring backs to buy. Here is the full ad:https://axisarmsonline.com/product/antique-belgian-revolver-wwii-bringback-capture-papers/

post-158759-0-04872700-1548873335_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-14901500-1548873352_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-73795100-1548873367_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-99699000-1548873381_thumb.jpg

Interesting pistol, thanks for posting. A Dan R.Ely appears on the roster of the Medical Detachment, 255th Infantry Regiment, 63rd ID.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Source: Fold3

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

Source: Fold3

Pfc Ely's Award of Medical Badge

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Ely was in F Company.

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

The 63rd Infantry Division served for 119 days in Combat in the European African Middle Eastern Theater; during this time they served in the campaigns of RHINELAND, ARDENNES-ALSACE, and CENTRAL EUROPE. The Division was made up of these units.

253rd Infantry regiment

254th Infantry Regiment

255th Infantry regiment

718th Field Artillery battalion (155mm) – 63rd Infantry Division

861st Field Artillery battalion (105mm) – 63rd Infantry Division

Hi Keith, I think you were trying to post this.

g1.jpg

You're welcome. I figured. :)

@Aznation thanks for using my website to assist in your research it makes me happy to see when people use it. http://worldwartwoveterans.org/63rd-infantry-division-blood-and-fire/

Looking for anything related to 2nd Battalion 253rd Infantry 63rd Infantry Division!!

WWW.Worldwartwoveterans.org

http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Buchhof-Stein-Kocher-Battalion-ebook/dp/B00MQZSNEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408163282&sr=8-

donation2015.gifdonation2018.gif

@Aznation thanks for using my website to assist in your research it makes me happy to see when people use it. http://worldwartwoveterans.org/63rd-infantry-division-blood-and-fire/

Thank you sir for making Veteran's histories available to research. You have a wonderfully done website. We all appreciate it!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...