Unknown "Civil War"? Swords.

The one with brass handle is a J.A. Henckels Solingen. No other markings on it. I can't find anything on it.

The second one looks like a training sword. I believe it is stamped "Wruck" with random lot numbers on it. Any help would be appreciated. I think I am limited on photo posting but can try to upload more if needed.

Thanks in advance.post-212611-0-66028500-1548787240_thumb.jpg

Second one: MODEL1804 BRITISH NAVY PRACTICE OR FENCING CUTLASS

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

After doing some research, I think what you have regarding the first sword pictured is what's called a German Infantry Hanger Short Sword made by J.A. Henckels Solingen. Could've been manufactured anywhere between 1817-1869. It has a cast one-piece brass hilt with ribbed grooves. Anyway, that's my best guess.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Hallo,

the first one is a french Sabre briquet made by the german companie J.A. Henckels "Zwilling" Solingen in a typical frech style frog.

This is the modell from the year IX of the first empire.

I think this is a scare item out of the Nepolon Bonaparte era.

German blade makers also produce swords and bayonets for other european contries. In the time frame of Napoleon, German states were temporarily occupied or flown by France.

Haenkels may have produced for the French.

Since both of these cutlasses are foreign edged weapons the topic will be locked since they are not US military and have now been identified.

If further discussion on these swords is desired they can be posted on our new sister forum at World Militaria Forum.

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif