Best edged weapon find of 2008?

SARGE

post-2036-1231032893.jpg

Wish I could say I only paid $5 for mine, but this is a beautiful knife! Great find, 1stMinn, and I'm surprised to see both variants of these knives pop on here...

Thrasher

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to say that I didn't buy any USA related knives last year; this is down to the fact that I only got 'into' USA knives this year!

So, and I apologise that this isn't 'on-theme' but this is one of the knives I got last year.

It appears to be a theatre made version of a British WW2 Chindit knife.

Web-1.jpg

I'm sorry to say that I didn't buy any USA related knives last year; this is down to the fact that I only got 'into' USA knives this year!

So, and I apologise that this isn't 'on-theme' but this is one of the knives I got last year.

It appears to be a theatre made version of a British WW2 Chindit knife.

Web-1.jpg

Well, it looks like we'll have to start a "Best edged weapon find of 2009" thread then... ;)

Cobrahistorian
A Case V-42 with the issue scabbard. It is not named to anyone, but it is a geniune Case. It came in a t a local gun show. The guy had no idea what it was. A friend got it, and I traded for it.

Jon

Was it numbered on the opposite side of the thumbprint? The first 500 that the FSSF got were numbered, but the steel was so hard that the Service Battalion wore out several sets of punches before being ordered to stop.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...