irish span am war, boer war and ww1 vet

would anyone be able to help tell me if this man would have been entitled to us medals or seen action? any help much appreciated.

I doubt very much many went to serve in America and return home.

Other Empire Force, 2nd New York US Infantry Regiment, Private, Company "A", 27th June 1898, 30th July 1899

Sergeant Thomas McGloughlin, R.G.A., and Pte. John McGloughlin, Connaught Rangers, have returned home on leave to Fivemiletown. The former saw service in the Spanish-American War, while the latter was buried in a shell-hole at Mes-sines. They are brothers of Mr. Frank McGloughlin, Fivemiletown.

post-124825-0-80101800-1548631645_thumb.jpg

post-124825-0-14432500-1548631763_thumb.jpg

If they served in the US Army during the time period that entitled them to US medals, then they would have been awarded. A friend of mine has a group from a South African man who served in the same conflicts and his entitlement of medals are quite impressive, to say the least!

Dave, it's proving very hard to find records on this period. I'm trying to put together a display of medals from family members. There's quite a few but this man's is harder as I've no real knowledge of the period. Is there any other sources for records of the era?

Also I saw your Vietnam patrol boat Kia medal group before sale. Very very nice group, just out of my range.

Thanks