Sherman Wind Screen?

notinfringed

A gentleman on Facebook posted this picture to my "Alaska Military History" page. his father was stationed in Alaska, but he doesn't know exactly where. Apparently he was with a transportation unit. From the pictures he has posted it appears he was stationed somewhere in the interior. This picture appears to depict a Sherman with an odd turret canopy. It is really hard to tell from the picture, and could possibly just be an optical illusion of some sort, but I don't think so. I am wondering if this is a canopy being tested by the cold weather test facility. Has anyone ever heard of such a beast?

post-2011-0-70863700-1548621441.png

Hmmm, never heard of that one. I only know of the foul weather hood/kit that could be installed in front of the drivers and co-drivers hatches. The Sherman in front seems to sport this item.

post-169612-0-16700000-1548623417_thumb.jpg

I'm curious if someone else can answer your question. I would really like to know myself.

Rene

• 4 weeks later...

we had them for the 113 series. since there is a collection of vehicles perhaps it was at Ft Greely ( the cold region test center)