Keep'm in shape

MemphisB@lle

Hi guys and gals

I couldn't be happier having these two properly demilled puppies to take care of.

Question to you is... how?

What to use to keep wood and metal in good shape?

Planning on putting them in a wooden display on the wall.

Any suggestions or tips ?

Thanks

Ppost-182294-0-84836000-1548358672_thumb.jpg

A light coat of oil, and maybe a few silica gel packs to absorb moisture. A couple nice ones for display

The Thompson looks to have the longer Eddie Stone sling. Needs a shorter Thompson sling. Repro's are cheap...

I like very much the m1--a1 although here in the u.s. we cant have it as you unless it is totally butcherized.

I see you live in New Jersey, so it is true you can not own a live machine gun, In many states they are legal. But, still very expensive!

Good looking WW II Firearms! Enjoy them! Thanks for posting them.

BKW

A light coat of oil, and maybe a few silica gel packs to absorb moisture. A couple nice ones for display

The Thompson looks to have the longer Eddie Stone sling. Needs a shorter Thompson sling. Repro's are cheap...

Thanks for the tip! We have these large silica gel packs at work. Take a me a few of these.

For the oiling, metal parts only, or do I apply a touch of gun stock oil for the wood? or leave that untouched?

I like very much the m1--a1 although here in the u.s. we cant have it as you unless it is totally butcherized.

Thanks.

Over here they have been demilled , but not torched to pieces luckely, so they still make a nice display piece.

What is about the only thing allowed to have for the plain Belgian guy.

I prefer to use boiled linseed oil on the wood. This is the original military treatment. Rub on, allow to soak in a little and buff off. Time consuming, but best treatment for the metal would be Renaissance Wax (microcrystalline) wax. This is the best for preservation, especially when not shooting.

Ron

I prefer to use boiled linseed oil on the wood. This is the original military treatment. Rub on, allow to soak in a little and buff off. Time consuming, but best treatment for the metal would be Renaissance Wax (microcrystalline) wax. This is the best for preservation, especially when not shooting.

Ron

Great info Ron!

Both are easy to order online here.

Thanks for the tips

Peter

Sure thing. If you get a chance, check out the Thompson forum on Machinegunboards.com. Thats where all the Thompson guys hang out.

If you wanted to get a more correct sling, I Have one to sell, but shipping may be cost prohibitive. I recently picked up and extra M3 sling which is the WWII version of the NoBukl sling for the M1 / M1A1 Thompson.

Ron