US Army Khaki Service Coat, Philippine Departmnet, 1930s.

oakleaf777

Proudly added this one to my collection this weekend. The 31st Infantry DUIs are both hallmarked Meyer, and are mismatched, so I cannot say if they are original or not. Philippine Department SSI appears handmade. No labels or markings to ID manufacturer, but uniform appears to be made in the PI based on the straps with buttons at the waist to keep up the belt, which from what I have read on these forums is indicative of uniforms made in the PI during that period.

post-160238-0-26717200-1548165503_thumb.jpg

I agree -- definitely Filipino made. As you suggest, the buttoned belt loops

as opposed to brass hooks is the clue.

G

Any thoughts about the mismatched DUIs? Is this confirmation they were added later --or is it possible that an EM would have worn them if that's what was available?

Any thoughts about the mismatched DUIs? Is this confirmation they were added later --or is it possible that an EM would have worn them if that's what was available?

What is mismatched about the DIs?

They are both hallmarked Meyer, but one is more of a gold/bronze color, and the other is silver in color. Also, the shape of the 2-piece construction is slightly different:

post-160238-0-54517200-1548181517.jpg

They are both hallmarked Meyer, but one is more of a gold/bronze color, and the other is silver in color. Also, the shape of the 2-piece construction is slightly different:

Right you are, we can see the differences