USER SUSPENSION: Jerry Cobb

ADMIN

**This post is informative only. User responses have been disabled.**

Members of the USMF community:

Today the administration was forced to suspend the account of community member "Jerry Cobb" (a.k.a. madrussian)

Back in March 2008, allegations were made by a fellow member that "Jerry Cobb" had accepted shipped several USAF and CAP patches from member 36-tex. 36-tex tried several times to obtain payment, and did end up receiving partial payment, leaving an unpaid balance of $130. Over the next few months, 36-tex tried repeatedly to make contact with Jerry Cobb and obtain either payment or return of the items. In August, Jerry Cobb finally responded indicating that he was having medical issues with his wife. 36-tex told him to just send some towards the payment or at least keep in contact until payment can be made. Jerry Cobb once again fell silent.

On October 26, 36-tex finally contacted the USMF Administration requesting that we attempt to make contact with Jerry Cobb. A quick check of his account showed that Jerry Cobb had been active for several long periods during the time he failed to pay his remaining debt. The Administration gave Jerry Cobb the benefit of a doubt and sent him a PM requesting that he please contact 36-tex with additional information regarding his status and/or payment. This first message was read November 9, 2008 at 3:38PM. At 3:42PM, Jerry Cobb responded with the following:

Sent Mark a message today while using my sister's computer. My system had a major crash and I have not been able to get it repaired at this time. I do not normally do business in this manner with friends and associates. I will further explain to Mark in a letter to him when I receive his reply. Please accept my apology in this manner. Thank you for your consideration and not banning my account.

Jerry Cobb made contact with 36-tex not long after and promised payment immediately. Two-weeks later the USMF Administration was again contacted by 36-tex and informed that Jerry Cobb had still not sent payment or return and he failed to answer any emails or PMs from 36-tex.

Again contact was made with Jerry Cobb and he was given until December 15, 2008 to respond. He failed to do so.

In an interest to protect the members of this community, his account has been banned. Please use caution should you be contacted by any individual bearing this username Jerry Cobb or "madrussian".

The FOR SALE section is provided for members as an easy way to sell among friends, since all of us here in this community are friends. For us to maintain that friendly atmosphere, we must make sure that members are fulfilling their obligations. Buyers are buying what they agreed to buy, and sellers are selling what they agreed to sell.

It is true that the FOR SALE section is operated under the principle that all transactions are between the buyer and seller. The forum and/or its owners cannot force anyone to complete their obligations nor can we be held responsible for the actions of either party during the transaction or before or after. However, we will (as evidenced here) take action if necessary when there are abuses.

ADMIN