Milestone Auction Today

z19

Well guys, I sat in for a coupe hours of this auction today and can say that without a doubt if militaria is bringing these kinds of dollars I cannot wait for the SOS!!! Some of the prices were absolutely out of this world!! Still amazes me sometimes what nothing special items will bring at auction and they would sit on a table at the SOS for half that same price.

Well guys, I sat in for a coupe hours of this auction today and can say that without a doubt if militaria is bringing these kinds of dollars I cannot wait for the SOS!!! Some of the prices were absolutely out of this world!! Still amazes me sometimes what nothing special items will bring at auction and they would sit on a table at the SOS for half that same price.

I agree

Looked at a couple of the lots on line and thought the 34th uniforms/groups looked inhanced.The one with cap patch and photo I think had made the rounds on ebay.

This horse has been flogged ad naseum. Shows will never bring what online auctions bring. Armchair bidding convenience, without the travel cost, time off work, waiting in lines, etc. I much prefer shows, but comparing the two is like apples to armadillos...

There was some great stuff, 2 named soldiers medals, a bunch of KIA purple hearts a few with curious stories! I didnt come home with anything but I was bidding online! Defiantly always some strange prices at auctions, one day I was hunting around on invaluable for militaria, in the same day 2 different auction houses sold WW2 British Spike bayonets both got around $70 plus shipping/fees/. I would supply a bucket for $35 each! Guess sometimes things just go crazy in live auction! Sadly that's not the norm on ebay or at shows!