Warplane Models

Edelweisse

Hi Folks: I recently attended a little local estate sale and bought three fantastic aircraft models made Warplanes.com they are a large B52, a large B36, and a large F86. Ill post pictures.... trying to figure out what theyre worth. Thanks

Pictures will follow soon

Last picture

Thanks for looking...based on my limited research....these were hand-made in the Philippines(?). These are nice

post-153915-0-82703200-1547962745_thumb.jpg

These are made in The Philippines and there are many different models. I remember visiting a shop full of them in France with my dad while on holiday 20 years ago; he bought a gorgeous B-25 for a friend and ever since regretted not getting one for himself too.

Yep, made in the Philippines. I think typically they are made out of mahogany.

You can find them online, either painted or unpainted. You can even special order aircraft as I recall, or request specific markings.

The kicker is these are not cheap. Plan on $200 or more for a painted one.

https://squadronnostalgia.com/shop/aircraft-models/bomber-aircraft-model/b-52-stratofortress-model/

Amazon has these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mahogany+aircraft+models&i=toys-and-games&hvadid=267954604021&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9024597&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=18204838749936647035&hvtargid=kwd-353359604366&ie=UTF8&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_6aezmwre0s_e

Wow...I figured they were expensive but not that high. I like the B36 because of the design and oddity. My sisters-in-law recalls them flying over her home when she was young. I’m amazed they flew. I’m going to sell them especially the B52 and F86...if any interest...pls feel free to contact me.