Reenacting Living History Days gone for ever things will never be like this again!

268th C.A.

Back in the late 1970's we started playing soldier, army, cowboys and Indians (no disrespect) and that's part of what will never be the same. Politically correctness and 911 changed our hobby for ever. The lack of pure history being taught in schools today. But there was a time when collectors and historians created a club taught history for what it was and it was appreciated. As The Veterans pass from a time when it was an honor to honor them. We created a group of historians and collectors who devoted many hours and days sometimes weeks and years to planning displays and events. To all my friends, Some of who have passed on as we are also getting older. Learning 7 different manual of arms. Restoration of vehicles, and equipment. Wearing all original gear. I post these pictures to remember a time when we took time to research, collect, study, preserve and put are hard work heart and soul into a display or weekend for the lessons of history. Times have changed. Some of the things we did....enjoy.

Our club... lots of pictures to follow

post-87654-0-97290400-1547903439.jpg

post-87654-0-62988600-1547903474.jpg

WW1 again...the 29th Infantry Division ANG when we did the TV spot for the Army National Guard, that never aired....that's another story (loading ammo belts)

post-87654-0-25722500-1547904346.jpg

post-87654-0-95860000-1547904391.jpg

post-87654-0-96852700-1547904427.jpg

General Apathy

Back in the late 1970's we started playing soldier, army, cowboys and Indians (no disrespect) and that's part of what will never be the same. Politically correctness and 911 changed our hobby for ever. The lack of pure history being taught in schools today. But there was a time when collectors and historians created a club taught history for what it was and it was appreciated. As The Veterans pass from a time when it was an honor to honor them. We created a group of historians and collectors who devoted many hours and days sometimes weeks and years to planning displays and events. To all my friends, Some of who have passed on as we are also getting older. Learning 7 different manual of arms. Restoration of vehicles, and equipment. Wearing all original gear. I post these pictures to remember a time when we took time to research, collect, study, preserve and put are hard work heart and soul into a display or weekend for the lessons of history. Times have changed. Some of the things we did....enjoy.

Our club... lots of pictures to follow

hi 268th, great images, please keep them rolling, early 70s a number of friends and myself did the same, authenticity, respect and a decent portrayal was the name of the game.

well done lewis.

Wow great pics of some great reenactors!...i can really appreciate those older tanker pics, must have been very hard to find original m38 tanker helmets back then that were still servicable and fit your noggins!!....mike

sgtdorango, knew George Petersen well, rented some Euro clone tanker helmets. This was before Hayes found the truck loads of them in india. Hayes told the whole story, lol. M-5 belongs to Alan Cors, rented it with driver and mechanic, had a blast at MTA, as usual. Our group educated so many young folks back then, very rewarding but nothing compared to meeting all the WWII, Korea and Vietnam Veterans , hearing their stories and thanking them. Was one of a few combat Veterans in the group, we had very good times with other Veterans. General Westmorland signed my Stantons Vietnam Order of Battle when we met him. Those were the days.