Trying to identify three patches

easystreet

Gents,

I have three patches I could use some help identifying. I moved earlier this year and all of my good reference books are still packed and in storage.

The Middle one with the Bulls Head, I believe is a USAF Squadron patch from the 1950s for either a B-58 or B-36 Squadron. I was able to identify it from this forum a couple years ago, but somehow the card that I had written the info down on got separated from the patch, and that is the best I can remember (and I could be totally wrong and confusing it with a different patch ???).

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Mason

post-12-0-64269100-1547861075.jpeg

Salvage Sailor

The bull is the 5th bomb wing or something like that (sac? recon?) don't recall exactly but someone will know the exact name

Rich,

Top left is 121st ARCOM..pg. 46

Top right is 36th Infantry Brigade: pg 32

Source: United States Military Patch Guide, J.L. Pete Morgan, copyright 2002

Leigh

Here it is Rich,

5th SRW patch (1949–1955)

Scroll Down http://www.wikiwand.com/en/5th_Bomb_Wing

Wow. Thank's a ton for this. I seemed to remember that it was a Bomb Squadron (Actually Wing) patch from the 1950s and I thought they flew B-36s, but I couldn't remember the number. It also makes sense that the the Wing has ties to the 9th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing. I got it when I was working at Beale AFB about thirty years ago, and the 9th SRW was stationed there (U-2s and SR-71s). Plus it has the same color scheme as the patch for the 9th SRW as well.

Thanks again for this.

Rich M

Guys, Thanks a ton for identifying these so quickly for me. Especially the 5th Bomb Wing patch. Like I said, all of my good reference books are packed and in storage as I moved across the country last year. It has been driving me nuts that I couldn't identify these. I knew that there were enough patch experts on here that someone could help :)

Thanks again to all that helped.

Rich Mason

Rich,

Glad we were able to assist you.. I understand the feeling of having your reference books packed and unaccessable..

Youe need anything else until you can get settled, we're here to give you hand..

Leigh