Who is going to SOS in Feb

mortaydc60

D-16....

Long range forecast look "acceptable" at this point....highs near 50, lows in the mid 30s...

No ice storms!

http://myforecast.co/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m?city=18260&metric=false

Heck...compared to the snowstorms we've been through in the past...that's some NICE weather! :D :D

easterneagle87

I just got a message, A friend of mine is sending some of his better WW2 knives to most likely another forum member to sell on his table. Going to be some "choice" pieces I've heard.

I'd love to go someday...

Good luck to everyone going and have a great time. I look forward to seeing everyone's goodies when it's over.

Mikie

Stinger Gunner USMC

Me and my two oldest boys will be there Friday. looking for named uniforms, and anything 96th Division related. My 10 year old is on the look out for a set of WWII wooden tent pegs, combat pack tail and a decent WWII canteen, pouch and cup. My oldest is looking for Veitnam era USMC 782 gear

I am so looking forward to this and the weather actually looks decent. I live up in Michigan and can't tell you the number of "white knuckle" drives I have had heading to and from the show!

BigDogMilitaria

I'll be there. Will have the best selection ive ever brought down there. Will be spending this Friday-Monday putting stuff together to bring. Its always fun seeing my USMF buddies from across the Country,

I am planning on going looking for ww1 30th division items such as painted gas masks bags,complete groupings and painted helmets

with liner and chinstrap. I am also looking for a 2nd Division 2nd Engineer painted helmet with a red castle background with liner and chinstrap also looking for tunic with same patch as the helmet.Good luck to everybody on their endeavors. I have a great time catching up with everybody since the last show.

I will be there with sgtdorango and 1canpara again. Same spot just down the aisle from Mr. Jerry. I decided to part with my WWI USMC collection and will have all of my painted helmets for sale. Can't wait, this will be my 16th show in a row!

I'll be there with a few rare pieces to offer...Identified documented D-Day Colt 1911 pistol and rig, US General Officer M15 Pistol and GO Belt set, Confederate Swords & CS Fayetteville Rifle, Revolutionary War Potter Sword, Documented M1 Helmets from the USS North Carolina, MACV-SOG groups, WWII US Airborne insignia collection and more.

Seeking Project Delta and Delta Force Col. Charlie Beckwith artifacts and 1st SFOD Delta related groups; Son Tay Raid Groupings, Vietnam battle of Lang Vei artifacts and groups; WWII 506th PIR 101st Airborne Silver Chalice Cups (Engraved to 506th Officers);Operation Eagle Claw Desert One Iran Hostage Rescue Mission artifacts and groupings.

Stop by my tables and see me. Ed

Only missed one in the last 24 years.....2017 with pneumonia. Lord willing I will be there again. My tables will be in the same location but I cant remember exactly what row. Im a couple of rows over from Steve Klima (M1 Helmet Depot). Right on the corner....right on the price.

Persian Gulf Command

If anyone is interested in being my eyes on the ground at the SOS and keep a look out for my wanted items I would be grateful. I would provide my "short list" and what I would pay.

Thanks,

John

My first time and bringing a friend for his first time. I’m so excited I haven’t been able to sleep since I booked the hotel. Looking for great Chemical Warfare Service items, specific NY civil war regiments items, and damn good deals if I can find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the table helper for unclegrumpy and on the other side of our tables are Bobby R, KASTAUFFER, and Frank Smith (and formerly Tom Lane, RIP). If you're interested in medals, or the really cool uniform/cloth items that unclegrumpy brings, stop by and say "hi". I think we're all in row H or somewhere near there.

Counting down the days - soon to be hours - to get on the road!

I'll be there looking for USAF patches. Will have 100s of quality traders with me. No table, but the tables of Doug Barnard from Troutdale Aerodrome is where I usually base out of.

Randy

I will be there this year with some nice US items for sale...I would love to give forum members first dibs.

Among other things:

- Named/researched 101st/326th Airborne Medical Company Ike

- Named 82nd/325th Glider Infantry Ike

- Named/un researched 82nd Ike. Nice one with a combat star on the wings.

- Named/researched 101st M42 Jump Jacket

- Large named 508th early occupation uniform and insignia group. Also includes a fantastic photo album

- Named/researched 11th/511th PIR Ike, insignia and engraved BSM group.

- Named WWII 101st engraved BSM and document group; includes his jump document

- WWII USMC Corsair ace log book and paper group

- Large WWII 5th ID Regimental Commander document and photo group with some very rare awards, including the Soviet Red Star, 2 X Silver Star and the British DSO

- Named early occupation 188th G/PIR Ike set. Fantastic Japanese made 188th SSI and oval.

- Named and fully researched First Airborne Task Force Ike group with some very rare insignia.

- WWII engraved US Army officer sword group named to a Bataan death march survivor who perished on a "hell ship" toward the end of the war.

This will be my 12th year attending SOS. As time goes on I'm enjoying it more every year.

The first few years I was in big hurry to get in door in fear I would miss out on the good stuff. I've come to realize there is so much good stuff everywhere, the dealers can't possibly find it all before doors open. Every year, usually late on Friday or Saturday I find stunning items that 100s or even 1000s of people have walked by.

One year on the 2nd day I found a mint Winchester M1 Garand all original parts brought home by vet and no arsenal marks. Another year as I was walking out of show on last day and found a stunning privately engraved fully documented USMC Silver Star grouping for action on Iwo Jima. Last year I found a documented SKS and rare WWII USMC patches.

Now I slow down, take my time, visit with the dealers, talk to the vets and take it all in. I've yet to ever leave the SOS with any money left in my pocket.

The first few years I was in big hurry to get in door in fear I would miss out on the good stuff. I've come to realize there is so much good stuff everywhere, the dealers can't possibly find it all before doors open. Every year, usually late on Friday or Saturday I find stunning items that 100s or even 1000s of people have walked by.

Exactly. There are folks willing to stand in line to get in, but I havent had a problem spending plenty of money having a leisurely breakfast and avoiding the line. Sure, there are always legendary stories of guys selling things at bargain basement prices and sell the contents of their table prior to the doors opening...but Im realistic and figure tarbridge will probably buy those long before I find them anyway...so Im much more relaxed about the whole thing. :D;)

And yes, some of my best funds have been a couple days into the show...so you just never know...theres always something for everyone!

Dave , you know the temptation to run through the show wearing your Brooks running shows to gain advantage is strong.............

Kurt