1942 Dated Pack, What Is It?

Bugme

Way out of my collecting interest & expertise but, I am scratching my head trying to ID this pack. Anyone?

Edit: pics now added... forgot to do that while scratching my head.

20190117_145434.jpg

20190117_145449.jpg

20190117_145502.jpg

20190117_145453.jpg

This is the pack equivalent to the M1 helmet. :)

There was a nearly identical pack (slight differences) called the M1910, that was used through WWII, but a newer upgraded model known as the M1928 was issued starting in the late 1930s alongside the older model.

It does not have bails, bales, fixed or swivel, but it does have a bunch of loops that depending on who you ask, could get you ten different answers. :D

[Part of this reply is a joke for Bugme]

Yes, that is a very solid example made by Boyt in 1942. It has the meat can pouch, but lacks the pack tail (but those are meant to be detachable, so don't worry). Good clean example.

General Apathy

Way out of my collecting interest & expertise but, I am scratching my head trying to ID this pack. Anyone?

Edit: pics now added... forgot to do that while scratching my head.

Hi Bugme, so was this a Malta find ??? Take a look at this thread about the same style packs designated M-1910 and M-1928.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/321072-m-191028-pack-display/

regards lewis.

See guys, I can talk helmets all day long right down to stitch count on chinstraps. Chaplains?... I know it. Medical?... pretty good idea. Haversack?... newbie.

Lewis, this is an estate sale find in the U.S. where I am currently. Heading back to Malta in a few months. RC... no loops, bales, bails, thingies anywhere on this pack so, I was instantly lost. ;)

Thanks for all the answers guys!