Survival kit question

Mr.Jerry

Hypothetically...

If some one bought a few 1950's sealed survival kits and they contained as part of their original kit some tablets that might be best not to be sold or mailed, is it common practice among the survival kit collectors to leave the whole pack out, or just remove the offending tablets?

Keeping in mind that I am too pretty for prison, and orange is not my best color.

Hypothetically of course...

01-1023a.jpg

01-1470a.jpg

01-367a.jpg

dhcoleterracina

I had some in a WW2 kit, dumped them. Some will say that they are harmless due to their age but if kids will eat detergent pods then why risk it. I think a pharmacy will give you a bag that will destroy the pills for free.

I had some in a WW2 kit, dumped them. Some will say that they are harmless due to their age but if kids will eat detergent pods then why risk it. I think a pharmacy will give you a bag that will destroy the pills for free.

If the item is going to be destroyed why not just burn them or dissolve in water then dispose of the water.

We use to incinerate medical waste and outdated pharmaceuticals.Much of it controlled substances.Some items were returned to the manufacturer.Some injectibles and tablets were incinerated.

My point is why take it to a pharmacy and get a 2nd or 3rd party involved.So much of this is reported any more.If a person is worried about it being in a kit then traveling and or transport could also be a concern.Even if its explained to why you are in possession if you are stopped or questioned how much is it going to cost you in the end.

On another note if the tide pod eaters and bath salt lickers are of concern we should all get rid of our WW2 K and C rations as they will eat them just like the on line guy from boob-tube

I am fine with losing the contents, and even the labeled packet, but how should I get into the sealed bags? Razor cut to the edge?

hypothetically....

I would contact Dustin here on the forum.Hes got a lot of kits.

Im sure value wise kit collectors like them complete an unopened.

Razor cutting would work(hypothetically)

Jerry I got two kits from VN era with this tablets:

1)Individual Survival Kits Part I and Part II

2)Hot-wet environment kit

Leave them there. No one would know what it is except collectors. It is totally out of date I guess...

Cheers.

Jerry