92ND BOMB GROUP NAVIGATOR IKE JACKET - SUPER RARE "FAMES FAVORED FEW" PATCH

The Iron Brigade

Very nice and rare tab. Question is whether the item is worth the price. Yes to the buyer but what about the general public of collectors. I maybe wrong but for most collectors the uniform unless really special does not add much. So what we have in reality is a bullion 8th and a real nice tab. The bullion 8th is $50 which means the tab is $700. Just my way of analyzing the buy; am I wrong?So if you saw this tab by it self at a show who would pay $700? Think it would be a hard sell ,again just my opinion.

BILL THE PATCH

That jacket has been on eBay forever, and we all know why. TO EXPENSIVE. I'm not even sure that's it's I'd.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CNY Militaria

Looks like someone bought it for $725. Dont forget the wings, ribbons, and insignia. About $75-100 for that stuff.

Airborne-Hunter

A regular air force headquarters bullion patch is $25-50. An 8th AF bullion is much more than $50. Considering the relatively common 84th & 88th bullion divisional patch + tab sets routinely bring $3-400, 100th Inf Div S.O.B. sets pull $4-500+ and considering everything that this comes with, this is priced fair reasonable.

If someone wants to complain about prices, I would start with the fake German Bullion patches pouring out of Germany/Eastern Europe that routinely bring big $. There are several other types of "elite" patches that many "experts" peddle as real too. Thing is several of those didn't even exist prior to 2011, but are considered "real" at this point in time. My point here is that price is probably not even top five main threats/issues to the hobby. The price here isn't an issue. Go look at the 101st IKE that sold $850 last week and in discussion in the uniform section. Bashing the seller's price/buyer's price here is nothing short of a disservice to the hobby.

Best ABN

"WHAT"S IT WORTH?" To my mind, it's what a person is willing to pay for it. Will the next one fetch the same or a greater or lesser amount? Would I pay that for it? All questions that have to be addressed by a willing buyer. A seller would like to obtain the highest price available. These are some reasons why collectors are willing to spend huge amounts of time searching for the gem! Sometimes it's the rarity of the item other times it's buying an item on the cheap - to keep or to resell or trade, I have no clue on whether or not the buyer made a good deal - but I've seen one of these before! But he now owns it!

My 2-cents! Bobgee

My point was to educate the members. I did not bash the buyer and was not complaining about prices. Just trying to educate by example and analysis that in my opinion they over paid,it is just that simple. I do not look at this as a threat or issue to hobby, this is just an isolated buy and trust me we have all over paid and been fooled by items we purchased. Feel badly that some are missing my point and in no way again was my intent to bash buyer or seller.

BILL THE PATCH

I wasn't be trying to imply that either, but it is over priced in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just a super rare bullion 92nd BG "FAMES FAVORED FEW" tab to find as they do not show up everyday. Try to find one reasonable now a days. Great jacket and like I said a super rare tab.