Molle II shoulder straps.

military gear geek

military gear geek

Hey Guys,

Got a question for you all..

I have this Canadian Pattern 64 frame. It's basically a copy of the US LW Rucksack frame made in the 1960's. I don't know if this frame has any collector value since it's from Canada. I'm going to assume that it doesn't but, I could be wrong.

Anyways, I want to try next yr to put the Molle II main ruck and shoulder straps on to my frame. Now, I know where I can look at the main ruck but, they don't sell the shoulder straps. I'm pretty sure the main ruck will fit on to my frame but, I don't know nothing about the shoulder straps except, for the pics that I see on some websites. I even downloaded three molle manuals and they are no help to me..

My main concern is that, Is setup on the quick release straps the same way as it on the alice shoulder straps? If that's the case then, I should be able to get the straps on my frame in no time. It'll just be like attaching them to my alice pack frame.

I don't want to go buying something and finding out it won't work then, be stuck with something that I can't either sell or use.

I saw on the side of the pack that there are acouple of metal buckles. Do straps from the shoulder straps go into these buckles to keep the pack from sliding back & forth on the frame?

I'm sure you're probably all thinking, why don't I just buy a molle II frame and kidney pad and be done with it? Well, I really don't have an answer to that question but, sometimes I like to experiment with different things.. Try new ideas and see what would work if, I had to put something together in a pinch... That's pretty much it.. Maybe, I won't like this setup and just buy the molle II frame later on..

Well, Thanks for your time..