What is this Mystery WWII Ribbon? ID: Scabbard and Blade

bonbon

A few years ago I inherited some of my great grandfather's military things: a few uniform shirts, photos, his dog tags, ribbons, etc. There is one mystery ribbon-

post-114610-0-25006100-1547262808_thumb.jpg

It is the red and blue one with 5 bronze stars on it. No Idea what it is. I had randomly happened across a Felt patch on eBay, listed as "WW2 Original Colour Patch Headquarters, Allied Land Forces, South-West Pacific" (Also Pictured below) which is the same color arrangement. Any searching I did for this turned up nothing and I am also unfamiliar with this patch.

post-114610-0-60711800-1547262793.jpg

He started as an Lt in the army, later promoted to captain. He served in the Pacific for a time and was also stationed in Hawaii. Later he ended up in Germany, as far as I'm aware he was there thru the end of the war. He translated and had other duties which I cannot recall exactly. I believe he was involved with some sort of training operation in Germany as well.

I put together this shadow box as a preliminary display before I do something nicer.

post-114610-0-42514300-1547262825.jpg
Any help Identifying the mystery ribbon in question is appreciated, thank you.

Your ribbon is for the Scabbard and Blade.

The Scabbard and Blade is a college military honor society founded at the University of Wisconsin in 1904. Although membership is open to R.O.T.C. cadets and midshipmen of all military services, the society is modeled after the U.S. Army and its chapters are called companies and are organized into regiments in order of their establishment.

Thank you, Bruce! Very informative and quick reply, much appreciated. I have been trying to figure out what it meant for some time. My grandparents will be happy to hear this as they were also wondering about that ribbon. I had never heard of that society before and I'm sure they didn't know about it either since its never come up in our conversations about my great grandfather. I will conduct some research to present to them. Perhaps this will help fill in some more blanks in my great grandfather's story. Thank you again and best wishes.