WWII 504th on ebay?

devilstoothpick

devilstoothpick

Wow - I know I've seen the modern remakes of this all over the place - but this may be the first of this patch i've seen of the paki fakery -were they faking Italian on the front?

Reminds me of the fakes that came out of England several years ago.I think the seller was Andew Butler.A seller called OLD CLUB Badges sells the same style fakes on ebay.,,,,heavy thread construction,wool base material and poor details to the designs.

If you search the forum there are several topics with the Butler/Club patches shown

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/297844-real-or-fake-wwii-487th-fighter-squadron-patch/?hl=%2Bandrew+%2Bbutler&do=findComment&comment=2393347

I am sorry I forgot to say the parachute is so thick on a real ones it sticks above the base material about a quarter of an inch they are beautiful to behold.Scotty

You have a better chance of hitting the lottery than seeing this patch for sale, and if you are willing to spend what it would take to buy one you better know what a real one looks like.Just look at the above by Scotty. You can't fix stupid and that patch being offered is just STUPID.

Here is a real one not a fake.Scotty

That is a BEAUTIFUL patch Scotty, thanks for sharing..... dreams do come true! So here's to holding out hope! :)

devilstoothpick

I don't think I've seen this stuff before but dang lots of odd things - sorry if I'm out of my lane but wow- Thank you

Brian Dentino

Here is a real one not a fake.Scotty

Holy cow Scotty, THAT IS A GEM AND A REAL BEAUTY!!!! Rare as hens teeth and that 504th you just showed us is a real gem. Man you have some awesome patches and I, for one, really appreciate your input and contributions to this forum. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.

Baggypantsdevil if searched on this forum has a big reputation of peddling fakes

I purchased two done up uniforms from him when I first started collecting. Sigh.

devilstoothpick

Baggypantsdevil if searched on this forum has a big reputation of peddling fakes

I purchased two done up uniforms from him when I first started collecting. Sigh.

Kinda makes me want another option for trading/selling.

He been flooding the market for years with made up crap

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for calling my attention to his reputation, I had considered purchasing something from this seller to add to an airborne collection I am trying to start but have rethought that after reading some of what has been said about him by other member.