Larry Germain

History Man

I haven't been the most active here for a bit, sadly this wasn't how I expected to kick it off.

For years my father has been fighting Stage 4 Colon Cancer & Lymphoma III. He was a standup man with an amazing prior career in entertainment (Jesus Christ Superstar, Snoopy!!!, Return to Gilligans Island, Return to the Batcave, Brady Bunch Home Videos, and so so much more) and theater. Upon his diagnosis, he became doctors' miracle patient and even went into remission. Recently, the cancer spread to his brain and we remained in high hopes until he made his decision. He passed with his family by his side.

Not only was he extremely supportive for endeavors, he helped launch my career and even took a liking to this "history stuff."

He will be missed.

10/12/1956 - 12/20/2018

post-25965-0-88705700-1546993760.jpg

Burning Hazard

Sorry for you loss History Man, I lost my dad to colon cancer in 2008 and life hasn't been the same since. Hope you and your family are able to find healing.

Pat

So sorry for the loss of your father. He sounds like a great man to have known and loved as family. Remember the good times you shared. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I'm sorry to read of the loss of your father. Something that always brought me some peace and comfort when I lost my father was the fact that although physically he was no longer with me, his spirit and wonderful memories remained here with me and in my heart. I hope and pray that you experience the same comfort even though it will still be a tough road for awhile. When my pop used to take us hiking and we complained of being tired and not wanting to take another step forward, he would always just tell us to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and that's what we did. You and your family are in my prayers as you're going through this most difficult time. God Bless and may your father rest in sweet peace. Take care.

I had wondered just two days about you Philip - I know your must father have been quite proud of you. God comfort you and your family now.

God Bless you, your family and your Dad. Sooner or later we all suffer the loss, Its hard, but I believe God takes us when he is ready for us. I know the loss. My dad passed in 2007. Not a day goes by I don't think of him. There are times when I still feel his presence. You will too. When my Dad passed I thanked God for him and my time spent with him. Remember the lessons taught, the stories he shared and the good times. RIP. Kindest regards.

Lost my dad two years ago and my mom is in the hospital now so I feel the pain. Its now your turn to try and fill his shoes. Those of us who had a dad involved in our lives are lucky. Say strong.