Utah Beach Top Secret BIGOT Map

Persian Gulf Command

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo C. a 1960s photo looking across the road from the Roosevelt cafe to the original German bunker used for the original Utah Beach museum, this wall is now within the greatly enlarged museum.

lewis.

.post-344-0-23524200-1546863217_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo D. this photo shows second or third wave of back-up troops arriving off the beach passing the house shown as position D on your map. Note the first two men are wearing their field jackets inside out, this appears to have been a fairly common practise even with the divines landing on Omaha beach. The first serviceman is wearing a British commando toggle rope suspended from his neck. The house seen in the photograph is still to be seen today, note that there appeared to be a second house behind the troops the wallpaper and wooden joist holes can be seen, this has all disappeared since the war.

lewis.

.post-344-0-21866100-1546863661.jpeg

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo D. The house as it looks today, it appears that the wall was lowered post war and all the wall paper removed.

lewis

.post-344-0-93174800-1546880381.jpeg

Hi John,

Photo C. this shows Eisenhower and Bradley next to the German communications bunker behind the wartime farmhouse ( now Cafe' Roosevelt )

lewis.

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_a49.jpeg

Is that George Marshall next to Bradley? Sure looks like him.

Mikie

Here is my best map find of 2018. A very rare BIGOT Top Secret map of Utah Beach where the actual landing occurred.

1 of 5

Awesome piece of history!

Mikie

vostoktrading

Post #25 picture C.

Mikie noticed George Marshall. I think is is.

Also, is that Ernest King in the front passenger seat?

Jon.

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo D. This Navy communications bunker was built on the beach in front of the house seen in posts 27, 28 and 31, the chimney of that house can be seen far right of the attached image.

lewis.

.post-344-0-77309500-1547036327_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo D. This is the spot that the Navy communications bunker was built on the beach in front of the house seen in posts 27, 28 and 31, the chimney of that house can be seen far right of the attached image.

lewis.

.post-344-0-91934000-1547036448_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo E. this is a photograph of the small church just inland off the beach, 'La Madeline ' which is printed on the details across the bottom of your map.

lewis

.post-344-0-41313400-1547036947.jpeg

General Apathy

Hi John,

Photo XYZ. although I have many more images from the area of this map this is the final one. I reported and guided the police to this 500Lbs aircraft bomb in 2010. The officer took images and forwarded them to bomb disposal who removed it three days later, this was located in the sand dunes below bunkers at the far right of the Utah map.

lewis.

.post-344-0-68964800-1547037476.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
General Apathy

Hi John, I managed to locate an aerial shot of your section of Utah beach, again I have annotated it to cross-reference with your map and the photographs I previously added for the marked spots. Ste Marie du Mont ( letter A ) is about five kilometres off the top of the map, and La Madeline chapel ( letter E ) is about half a kilometre off the map above the letter E shown.

I think this aerial shot was taken somewhere between July & August 1944.

regards Lewis.

.post-344-0-41956300-1549239301_thumb.jpeg