The Bob Ford Divisional Collection being offered at SOS next month!

militaryoutfitter

militaryoutfitter

I am proud to announce the sale of the Bob Ford Identified WWI Divisional Uniform Collection during 2019 at SOS and MAX. All lots are fully identified, most have lots of additional material included, from dogtags to gear, medals and more. Bob purchased most from the veteran or their widow from 1975 until the mid 1990's. Lots will include his correspondence with the sellers and the dates purchased. This collection of 'patched' uniform groups consists of every operational division, in both the AEF and stateside units, from the 1st to the 93rd. I will be offering about half the material at SOS and half at MAX 2019. Although the seller is me, Niles Laughner, I share tables at SOS 2019 with Arnold Meisner (the table holder of record), and his name will lead to our table location. MAX 2019 tables are under my own name.

So...YES, Bob is fine and dandy, and shows no signs of slowing down. NO, he is not selling any other material. YES all items are guaranteed to be genuine. NO, I will not sell any items "before their time" (quoth Orson Welles), so please don't ask. Everyone deserves a fair shot. As we enter the 2nd century since the end of WWI, this collection is all the more meaningful.

post-22296-0-68336900-1546701904.jpgpost-22296-0-86586000-1546701921.jpg

militaryoutfitter

Great, good luck, if you tell me which one I will try to make sure it is included in the SOS lot.

ww1collector

I saw Bob's collection many years ago at his home. It included some amazing aviation patched uniforms that probably were one of a kind. He had the most incredible collection I have ever seen. Makes me wish I could see it again. I am out of the WW1 uniform collecting field; now just collect WW2 KIA groups. Have fun at the shows. Dave Sleeper

• 1 month later...
militaryoutfitter

Thanks for all the interest and commentary at SOS, it is much appreciated, and I have passed on all your greeting to Bob! There is much more to come, so stay tuned, I plan to bring alot of it to MAX. And, there may be more on the horizon!