Named WW1 Gold Star Mother Group

Geoff

Excellent groups and presentation, guys. These items remind us of the losses of these guys and the pain their Moms' carried during the years after the war.

That's a fantastic group! There have been some really nice ones on eBay lately. There was one that was split up...I thought about making an attempt to reunite it, but I think it was in something like 50+ auctions and there was just no way to track it all down.

• 2 months later...

The Pilgrimage flag is a very nice and scarce item. Thanks for posting it. I hesitate to venture a guess on value -- the few that I have seen over the years have always been part of larger Pilgrimage groups. It's a great item nonetheless.

BigJohn#3RD

Great tribute to the memory of the widows and mothers who's sons and daughter died in the First World War. Thank you for sharing a remembrance of their travel to France to visit the resting place of their fallen.

Nice grouping. Thanks for posting. I've been on the lookout for a group like this to a New York soldier but no success yet.

I do have a Gold Star flag I bought off Ebay some years ago. As to the value, I want to say it was under $100. But I do not

recall if it was an auction or a BIN that I snagged.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi AustinO, thanks for the additional information about where Kyle was originally buried. I appreciate all the information that forum members are willing to share!