B17 Bomber crew flightsuit?

AZPhil

Paul,

I was not referring to anything you said but rather to ANT1942.

He said,"Interesting thread and definitely helpful as it shows that the 1 piece HBTs were used as alternatives to the flying suit from time to time( most reenactors would disagree)"

My comment was not that flyers had no choices but that, per the context here, it wasn't as if they had every option laying before them and therefore chose the HBT just as often as the A-4/AN-S-31.

Great pics!

Dave

Those are some Awesome period Photographs.

It's great to see my thread go deeper into the use of HBT by aircrews.

Semper Fi

Phil

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

Well a its been over a year since my last post on this subject and I finally found a set of M1938 coveralls in very good to excellent condition for my display for my Friend Phil. There is a small rust stain/dot just below the left pocket and 2 small rust dots below the left hip pocket. Now these are not USAAF marked but these did come with a story and it helped a Family out with some medical bill for their Mother. These were being sold by the Great niece of this officer. Now they say Don't buy the story, Buy the ietms. Well I got both and I'm very happy . I got these for $100 and will be getting the typed 23 pages of this officers service from beginning to end of service. Here is a tid bit of info when I asked them for more info because I like to honor the men that wore these. Here is her reply to my request.

"Hi Phil, I want you to know you are not bugging me. My husband and I are both history buffs, especially WWII and especially the air war, my hubby is a real student of war birds and that end of things. And of course, those who lived those days deserve to be remembered and their stories deserve to be told! I have found out this much: My great Uncle was Robert Travis Cox, 0271235.

His Bronze Star citation reads, "First Lieutenant Robert T. Cox, 0271235, CAC, Detachment G2B2, Company B, @d European Civil Affairs Regiment, for meritorious service in connection with military operations against the enemy in Germany and Austria between 6 March 1945 and 8 May 1945. Lieutenant Cox, while serving as Assistant Administrative Officer, exhibited outstanding leadership and organizational ability in the performance of his duties. His able coordination of all functions under his control contributed greatly to the success of many missions anis in keeping with the high traditions of the Army. Entered Military Service from Tennessee."

I have a 23 page type written account of his service experience from entry to exit which, although I have mostly skimmed it, includes his accounts of being part of the liberation of Buchenwald, a POW camp south of Nuremburg, the city of Wels and a concentration camp at Neubau. If you are interested possibly at some point I could copy it for you. In any case, this is the gentleman who wore those coveralls. He ultimately was made a captain."

These are the sellers photo's and I'll get some better one with my son's camera, My cell phone takes crappy pic's.

Once again I would like to thank everyone who helped me out with what I needed for this display to happen. Next will be a B-2 cap to "Top" it off!!!

Semper Fi

Phil

1288878827_M1938coverallspurchasedfront.jpg.8c24254d34dadb5e62f39f9c787957f4.jpg155580776_M1938CoverallspurchasedBack.jpg.2eb14395f4e97496f6e34375a9e7d4d7.jpg1760482854_M1938coverallspurchasednameoncollar.jpg.e4d955a1ceb8c98fc8aa0bc69e9de644.jpg

Yes it is Dave, I'm glad to at least get a story with these verses just getting a set of coveralls,

This helped a family and it helps me get the items I need for my display, So a Win Win for everybody involved.

Semper Fi

Phil