Unknown chenille aviation patch, maybe military

Siamundo

This one has me stumped. It was included in a small assortment of random military patches. 1st something? Maybe US military? Oregon related (just because it resembles the University of Oregon logo)? Civil Air Patrol?

post-2744-0-94226900-1546140667_thumb.jpg

vintageproductions

If you do a search here on the USMF I posted about this same patch about three years ago, and I believe it was something to do with a Oregon College reunion or something similar.

Maybe Oregon college had an ROTC program that had aviation cadets as part of the program?? ….I had a ROTC uniform with an embroidered gold wing on it.Was from Nebraska or Kansas.Found out later the person died in a crash at a Field in Texas around 1942(?)….*Jim McDuff* ended up with it.

Thank you VP for the link to your earlier post. Sounds like the consensus is leaning towards something college related. I noticed yours had a 3/19 written on the back and this one has 18/19 written on the back. I wonder if that means 19 of them made for whatever reason and whatever organization.

Pretty sure it represents the 1st Observation Squadron WW1 and have had bullion version in collection but without the addition of the roundel on top.

Thank you Mot for that additional information. I had wondered if the outer 'O'might have some connection to Observation. Do you still have your bullion version that you could post for comparison? Would love to see it.