1940 Plymouth Air Raid Warden

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

Not sure where else to post this, but though it may fit best here??

This is a 1940 Plymouth front end I bought out of a junk yard and cut it down to make this wall art, After tracking down original trim, moldings, Headlights, bumper and a 1940 Michigan license plate, I found an original Air Raid Warden license plate topper to go with it, So I figured I'd display it as what probably would've been around the home front for a Civil Defense Air Raid Warden Vehicle of the times.

The head lights work and I also added some vintage porcelain service station lights underneath to light up the bar once it's finished.

I would really like to find a functioning vehicle air raid siren to add to the display if anyone has one. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Troy

post-33000-0-48868900-1546060731_thumb.jpg post-33000-0-03904600-1546060741_thumb.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

That is really cool Troy - some nice shoulder mounts too. Let me know when you get the keg up and running...

LOL,,, You got it and thanks. Yes heat went in today and getting the floor done in the Rec Room in Jan. Then can build the bar and kitchenette area, counter tops, trim out room and finish the bathroom etc. And it will be ready and no reason to go in the house! LOL

Shuffle Board, Ping pong, Pool Table, home theater, Darts, poker table, pinball and two BARS! My own Enlisted Club! I think I'll add a sand bag wall and call it the bunker.

Troy

USMC-RECON0321

That's really cool! How about a Hesco wall?

BKW

Whoa,,, Don't care to see any of those again! Not to mention you just can't beat the classic sandbag look. LOL