Stack of WW2 "Street Girls...Sailors..." Signs 1942 Virginia Beach!

Well, These are something different! I found these earlier this year, and figured I'd share a few pictures before I decide what to do with them!

I was scrolling through eBay earlier this year, and came across these signs. They had just recently been posted, and nobody had found them yet. So naturally, I had to buy all 11!! They are roughly 5"X11". (it might have been 5x10...)

The bottom left corner is marked "Virginia Beach, VA" and the bottom right is dated 1942. They are printed on a fairly heavy single layer cardboard type stock. They are a little dark around the edges, but they are all in great shape!

Not something you see every day! I may end up posting a few for sale, once I figure a fair price!

Comments always welcome!!

WANTED: ITEMS & PARTS RELATING TO THE 1911 & 1911A1!!!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gif

FYI, These are widely reproduced.

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Similar to the signs,” Sailors and dogs keep off the grass”. Remember them being in antique shops in Norfolk and Va. Beach in the 60s. Yea, they have been reproduced.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Well, These are something different! I found these earlier this year, and figured I'd share a few pictures before I decide what to do with them!

I was scrolling through eBay earlier this year, and came across these signs. They had just recently been posted, and nobody had found them yet. So naturally, I had to buy all 11!! They are roughly 5"X11". (it might have been 5x10...)

The bottom left corner is marked "Virginia Beach, VA" and the bottom right is dated 1942. They are printed on a fairly heavy single layer cardboard type stock. They are a little dark around the edges, but they are all in great shape!

Not something you see every day! I may end up posting a few for sale, once I figure a fair price!

Comments always welcome!!

really hate to tell you but that person makes lots of signs... these are also on eBay for $4.99 each and he has a lot of them... notice they also say Virginia Beach, VA and these say 1943 Made of Medium Card Stock

. What you purchased is not at all vintage but modern tourist amusement signage

post-205679-0-07746100-1546227541.jpgpost-205679-0-04792000-1546227554.jpg

It must be a good bussiness....LOL the signs :D

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

• 2 weeks later...

They also reproduce several different Jim Crow-railroad related signage as well

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Awesome! They would still look pretty neat in a frame. I gave one to a friend for his bar, and another friend who owns a pool hall. Good for a frame decoration, either way! For the price I paid, they will make great gifts!!

WANTED: ITEMS & PARTS RELATING TO THE 1911 & 1911A1!!!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gif